RE: Comments on "practical deployments"

> > While proxies are widely used today to facilitate inter-domain
> > roaming, as far as I know, the combination of inter-domain roaming
> > and EAP is very rare.
>
> The FMCA is trialling exactly this.

Is this the Fixed Mobile Covergence Alliance?

(This seemed the most likely of the expansions provided by Google, the others being:

Family Motor Coach Association
Florida Mosquito Control Association
Florida Marine Contractors Association
Friends of Montgomery County Animals)

>> For example, the vast majority of all
>> IEEE 802.11 hotspot deployments use Web-based access (e.g. UAM), not EAP.
>
> Yes. In fact, the use of EAP *prevents* a large number of business
> models for network access.

Could you expand on the problems?

> UMA leverages EAP and RADIUS, but it's buried deep in the network.

Yup.  Doesn't seem like this would require inter-domain proxies.