[RRG] On deployability

Hi all,

One of the issues that came up today was that of incremental deployability. Many people felt that incremental deployability is an absolute hard and fast requirement.

My question: suppose that we had a solution that was a ships-in-the- night deployment? Would that suffice? Just as we are rolling out IPv6 in parallel with IPv4, would it be sensible to roll out IPv6+ in parallel with v6 and v4? Assume that some form of tunneling could be used to bridge islands of connectivity.

Regards,
Tony