From: owner-rrg@psg.com <owner-rrg@psg.com>
To: rrg <rrg@psg.com>
Sent: Thu Mar 22 10:21:47 2007
Subject: [RRG] On deployability

Hi all,

One of the issues that came up today was that of incremental
deployability.  Many people felt that incremental deployability is an
absolute hard and fast requirement.

My question: suppose that we had a solution that was a ships-in-the-
night deployment?  Would that suffice?  Just as we are rolling out
IPv6 in parallel with IPv4, would it be sensible to roll out IPv6+ in
parallel with v6 and v4?  Assume that some form of tunneling could be
used to bridge islands of connectivity.

Regards,
Tony