Re: [RRG] RRG meeting

Jordi,

Regarding the 90 days, I meant "more than around 90 days" (counted before the *start* of the meeting). I was reserving my flight immediately after the previous IETF, and then the price started increasing a few weeks ago, and had no other choice than booking it then. Now my return is on Friday (27th), so I will be able to attend to about 50% of this meeting, unless I manage to convince the airline to change the date w/o throwing away the full ticket.

One good thing we have now in IETF is the up-front planning for meetings in terms of places and locations. If we really want to take advantage of that, the meetings that need an extra day (or part of it, as in this case the Friday afternoon), need to be planned at least more than 90 days in advance, I will even say that the previous IETF meeting should be a hard deadline for fixing that. I don't think that's an impossible, on the other way around,
just a matter of very feasible planning.

We have the example of the Int-Area interim meeting, expected for May. It was promised in the meeting in Prague to be decided maximum 3-4 days after
... No news yet :-(

I understand your request and it makes sense. We also have other conflicting inputs, such as possible joint meetings, conflicts with other activities, etc. If we develop a consistent pattern that everyone finds acceptable, this will become easier.

Regards,
Tony