Re: [RRG] RRG meeting

At 01:54 PM 4/18/2007 -0700, Tony Li wrote:
Hi Jordi,

It seems to me a bad idea making it on Friday. May be you can
explain the
reason for that ?

It was the best of all possible evils.  Given that we want an all-day
session, our alternatives are pretty simple: before IETF or after
IETF.  The Sunday before IETF has numerous IESG, IAB, IEPG, and
tutorial meetings.

Yes. There are also some private corporate meetings on the
Sunday before the IETF.

  This leaves us with Saturday before or Friday
after.  As we tried Saturday before and got some enormous push-back
about that, we thought we should try the Friday afterwards.

Personally I agree that the Friday immediately after the IETF
(even if overlapping Friday morning WG meetings) is the
least bad of all possible options (where "having the meeting
completely separate from the IETF and making people fly
for yet another trip" might be the worst choice of all, IMHO).

In the future I assume that we will announce this as early as
possible, and to make this a regular occurrence, so that we can
all take this into account when scheduling flights. Giving precise
time of "end of meeting" is also useful (eg, with a 5pm end I
know that I cannot make the 6:05pm out of O'Hare).

thanks, Ross