Re: [RRG] RRG meeting

Hello;

On Apr 19, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Jari Arkko wrote:

It was the best of all possible evils.

FWIW, I think Friday at the end of the IETF week is a
pretty good choice. Not perfect, I for instance may
have a WG in the morning. But still much better than
Sunday before. And at least this time its better for me
and other IESG/IAB folks than Saturday before. Finally,
probably there will be more people on Friday than if
you had scheduled this on the Saturday after the
IETF.

Also note that there are generally several formal meetings on the Saturday after IETF (the ISOC Board, for example, generally meets that day), so some people (such as the IAB and IETF Chairs)
are already spoken for on that day.

Given all of the constraints, I think that Friday is the best slot.

Please note, however, that the IETF network needs to be torn down
soon after Noon on Friday, so do not assume there will be IETF wireless or
ethernet.

My understanding is that this has to do with the hotel contract and the NOC contract and it will not be easy to change on short notice, and may not be cheap to change in any case. It might be possible to have ethernet into one room, and then an access point there (either from the NOC vendor or the IETF pool or from the meeting attendees). I suspect that this will
be of interest to attendees; if so, and if they haven't already done so,
the chairs should formally ask Ray Pelletier to see what can be arranged ASAP.

Regards
Marshall

Jari