Re: [RRG] BGP path hunting, MRAI timer and Path Length Damping

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for this link:

  Quantifying Path Exploration in the Internet
  Ricardo Oliveira, Beichuan Zhang, Dan Pei, Rafit Izhak-Ratzin
  and Lixia Zhang

  http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~rveloso/papers/pathrank.pdf

I looked over it quickly and my impression that it is a good
survey of actual Internet behavior.  There is mention of the
MRAI timer, mainly to say that some routers do not have it
turned on.  There's no mention of the change in the BGP standard
for this timer's behavior, or how some routers in use today
probably use the old system and others the new, regarding
whether or not the MRAI timer delays withdrawal messages.

I am hoping someone can check my manual attempt to predict
behavior of routers in my previous messages in this thread.

  - Robin             http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/