[RRG] Re: BGP path hunting, MRAI timer and Path Length Damping

<co-chair hat on>

Hi all,

I'm very pleased to see such energy and interest. I think it's a very fruitful topic. That said, I also feel compelled to point out that most of this discussion would be MUCH more appropriate on the idr mailing list. I'm asking that folks redirect the discussion there and will send my own replies there too. For folks not on the mailing list, you can subscribe here:

	http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idr-charter.html.

Please note that there is also an archive, so if you are just subscribing, any subsequent conversation may be found there.

In general, I'd say that work within the existing BGP framework rightfully belongs on that mailing list, especially when it comes down to dealing with mechanisms within BGP. The RRG mailing list would be more appropriate for routing architecture issues, alternative inter-domain protocol work, or major conceptual changes to BGP. Yes, I realize that there's a large fuzzy gray line between these two and no, I'm not trying to discourage the discussion, it's just that it would be better to have this discussion where more BGP folks might be likely to participate.

Thanks very much.

</co-chair hat on>

Regards,
Tony