Re: [RRG] Routers in DFZ

my mistake - I thought you were referring to the subject line of routeRs rather than routes

The routers per AS is interesting.. in early 2001 it was around 9.8, and it dropped to around 7.9 in mid 2004 and its on the way back up now

http://bgp.potaroo.net/cgi-bin/plota?file=%2fvar%2fdata%2fbgp%2fas2%2e0%2fbgp%2dentries%2das%2etxt&descr=Average%20entries%20per%20origin%20AS&ylabel=Average%20entries%20per%20origin%20AS&with=step

Either the big guys are getting bigger (and the distribution is a long tail distribution) or the growth of single entry edge ASs at the edge (multi-homers) is dropping

The first is somewhat expected  - the second is potentially interesting.

   Geoff

Peter Sherbin wrote:
draft-narten-radir-problem-statement-00.txt shows the number of AS at 25,836 and the
number of routes at 229,789.

229,789/25,836 = 8.9 routes per AS

Thanks,
Peter

--- Geoff Huston <gih@apnic.net> wrote:

Peter Sherbin wrote:
The current ratio is about 8.9 routes per AS.
This is a Very Fine Number (:-)). How did it come about?

    Geoff