Re: [RRG] Routers in DFZ

Dino,

What would make BGP different from IGPs in that respect ? And last time at least in ISIS WG I heard that there is a proposal to run routing IGP separated from non routing uses for IGP ?

Along the same lines we could run two BGP instances ... I guess someone could write up MI-BGP draft now.

Cheers,
R.

> None of this should be construed as an opinion that BGP can't be > improved or that it will scale infinitely. But "BGP will stop > working ... can't converge" is overly pessimistic.

But don't you think we should stop putting more features into BGP like VPN stuff and multicast routing? That would be taking us faster in the pessimistic direction.

Dino