Re: [RRG] Routers in DFZ

What would make BGP different from IGPs in that respect ? And last time at least in ISIS WG I heard that there is a proposal to run routing IGP separated from non routing uses for IGP ?

Just because another working group makes mistakes doesn't mean BGP should follow. But to satisfy your question, BGP typically carries a much heavier data load than IGPs do.

Now if you said that if all the stuff carried inside of iBGP was redistributed into an IGP, then I would make the same claim that too much is being put into the IGP.

Dino