Re: [RRG] December meeting: call for contributions

Tony, Lixia,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 01:24:28PM -0700, Tony Li wrote:

> At this point, we'd like to open the agenda for contributions.  As
> always, new proposals are very much welcome.  Contributions must have
> links to documents that participants may review prior to the
> meeting.  Internet drafts are welcome, but not required.  The cutoff
> dates for Internet drafts are: Nov. 12 for new drafts, and Nov. 19
> for revised drafts.  Publish early and often.  ;-)

I was wondering whether there are plans to actually make a selection
out of the different proposals, or see if a design team can be formed
that will investigate a way forward that is based on several of the
proposals.

Quite honestly, I am a bit concerned that continuing work in parallel
on all the different proposals might easily create a situation where
it becomes very difficult to decide on a single solution as people
have invested already quite a bit of their time and energy on a
particular track.

David Kessens
---