[RRG] Nimrod, NIIA, HIP... as a long term solution?

In the thread "End user network size [ [Q] draft-farinacci-lisp:
IPv4 address depletion]", Heiner Hummel wrote, in part:

> But imho the future solution isn't LISP and similars, instead
> it will be Nimrod however being put on its feet.

LISP, eFIT-APT, Ivip and TRRP are intended to be incrementally
deployable now or in the next few years - I guess with the idea they
are deployed substantially by 2012.

Heiner, do you have a proposal by which Nimrod:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1992

could be incrementally deployed, for IPv4 and IPv6?

If not, then I think that Nimrod should not be compared with LISP
etc. but should be considered as a long-term solution, to be
introduced by means as yet unknown.

Likewise NIAA (Node Identity Internetworking Architecture):

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schuetz-nid-arch-00

I think that whatever comes out of the LISP etc. discussions needs
to be as compatible as possible with whatever might come next.

  - Robin