*From: owner-rrg@psg.com [mailto:owner-rrg@psg.com] On Behalf Of Eliot Lear
*Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 9:05 PM
*To: HeinerHummel@aol.com
*Cc: xuxh@huawei.com; rrg@psg.com
*Subject: Re: [RRG] loc/id split and LISP
*
*>
*Hi,
*> Thanks for responding, but this is not what I wanted to say. LISP may
*> even have been triggered due to the identifier/locator dual nature
*> discussion. But in the end it is (imho) a two loose hops forwarding
*> where the EID is also used like a locator - well, for the second loose
*> hop.
*
*Everyone has a slightly different view of this, and I think yours as as
*good as any.  Dino and crew set out to tackle a very specific and well
*scoped problem, which really had very little to do with what many people
*believe is the IP/loc split.  They were out to change the nature of the
*performance curve by adding an additional tier of routing that is
*bilateral in nature rather than multilateral.  To me that's the
*fundamental challenge.  IDs and locators are not a central them in LISP,
*IMHO.  And for that matter, neither is whether you tunnel or map
*(although each has its advantages).
*
*Eliot
*
*--
*to unsubscribe send a message to rrg-request@psg.com with the
*word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
*archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg