Re: [RRG] cache issues in LISP and CONS

If I understood correctly (big assumption) I thought the intention was
somehow to have the mapping system partly responsible for multi-homing
(ID could map to multiple edge routers). Surely if we need to introduce aggressive caching it would make multi-home failover slow? Also it would
make it hard for the mapping system to provide traffic engineering?

According to the LISP design, locator reachability is not part of the mapping database. See draft-farinacci-lisp-04.txt for details on how locator reachability is done in the data-plane.

Dino