RE: [RRG] incrementally deployable

<snip>
> For techniques that use non-routable IP addresses on the host
> side of the mapping, such as LISP, reachability of hosts
> depends on a mapping being accomplished on both sides of a
> packet flow.  This precludes incremental deployment because
> for one edge network to deploy the technique without loss of
> global reachability, all other edge networks must deploy the
> technique also.

So are you claiming incremental deployment is not possible with
LISP?

What if a 3rd party provides a proxy between the two systems,
then incremental deployment is possible. Then networks who
are not LISP capable can reach EIDs that are not in the global
Routing table.

Alternatively, what if an xTR performs NAT between PA space
and EID space?

There are some other possibilities here, but I think you are
being too harsh in your analysis.

-Darrel