Re: [RRG] Thoughts on the RRG/Routing Space Problem

On 2007-12-02 02:24, Russ White wrote:
<snip>

2. An exponentially growing table of short prefixes, facilitated by the
huge IPv6 address space (as Tony has pointed out, routing /32's in IPv6
is the same thing as routing hosts in IPv4, so you've gained nothing in
table size if you go in that direction).

Er, yes, there's a reason that the IPv6 design assumes provider-based
aggregation of prefixes, and multiple prefixes if you have multiple
providers. The PI heresy is an import from IPv4 thinking. But if
that heresy sweeps the world, we're going to need LISP style
mapping to exorcise it from the core. I think that's how we got here.

    Brian