Re: [RRG] Mobility in the future -- civil aviation mobility

On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Fleischman, Eric wrote:

That is, if one presumes non-partitioned
communications, then NEMO, MIP, or MANET look much more attractive than
if one insists that the communications must be partitioned into VPNs.

I don't follow the logic. Does it make sense to do this for all comms to/from the aircraft (so, the aircraft will encrypt/tunnel my traffic, and then I encrypt/tunnel the traffic, on top of that?

It's off-topic for this group, but I think this is a questionable requirement for this application and I don't know whether it will be implemented, once folks start to understand its implications. So, as an input for this group's considerations, I'd suggest taking this 'requirement' with a grain of salt.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins@cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

           -- Ford Motor Company