Re: [RRG] Is 12 bytes really so scary?

On Dec 8, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Robin Whittle wrote:
eFIT-APT has even slower aspirations for distributing the data
globally, but has some smart (I think) arrangements for local
full-database Query Servers (Default Mappers) which are also ITRDs -
so most of the traffic is handled by caching ITRCs.  Now (according
to what I heard in the meeting), APT is to be merged with, or
adapted to, LISP.

Hi Robin,

I almost caught up with RRG mail by IETF week, but how falling behind again. But someone sent the above quote to me, so a quick clarification seems necessary:
- Please call APT just as APT
  (eFIT is a project name, not a design as LISP is).
- What you heard at the end of RRG meeting was a plan to write
  a LISP-APT internet-draft to show the APT mapping scheme
  interworking with LISP.

I appreciate your effort of comparing different approaches. I'm also doing the same and will write up my version soon.

Lixia