RE: [RRG] MTU/fragmentation AGAIN

Brian,

Among the myriad issues that have us scratching our heads,
SIIT doesn't work when a middlebox returns an ICMP PTB that
only includes the minimum 8 bytes beyond the IP header of
the packet-in-error. FWIW, net/ipv6/sit.c in the Linux
kernel distro has the following to say about SIIT:

+ #ifndef I_WISH_WORLD_WERE_PERFECT
+
+ /* It is not :-( All the routers (except for Linux) return only
+    8 bytes of packet payload. It means, that precise relaying of
+    ICMP in the real Internet is absolutely infeasible.
+ */

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com