Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Dino,

> > Dino,

> >> Right, the guys at UCLB are gathering data on this.
> >
> > Ok.

> >> Right, but we don't have the data yet so that is why it's not
> >> documented.
> >
> > Just because "we don't have the data yet" is *not* a valid reason for
> > why (a) and (b) are "not documented". This is because to document
> > *assumptions* does not require the data - the data is required to
> > test the assumptions. Likewise, documenting the system behavior if
> > the assumptions turned out to be incorrect does not require the
> > data.
>
> We are assuming, at this point, nothing in terms of traffic locality.

First you agreed that whether "it's not at all bad" depends
on the locality of the traffic. But then you assume "nothing
in terms of traffic locality". Putting the two together
means that you have no clue on how bad that is going to be.

And, by the way, you still did not answer my original question.
Namely, what were the problems that motivated development of CEF,
and how these problems would be solved in the context of LISP ?

Yakov.