Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

    > From: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>

    > Isn't there also a limit where the number of bits of update info to be
    > sent over some links per unit time exceeds the spare capacity on those
    > links, in such a way that convergence becomes impossible,

I would assume that any sane design/-er would give priority on the link's
capacity over to control traffic. There's no point in sending user data if the
routing table is out of date (and possibly wrong).

Link capacities today are so high I don't think those are likely to be the
bottlenecks. Rather, it's the CPU, and the overall 'time to go around around
the entire topology cycle, i.e. across many routers, including inter-node
propogation, and intra-node processing delays' which I suspect are most
likely to be the problem area (if anything is).

	Noel