Re: [RRG] ALT + NERD is inelegant & inefficient, compared to APT or Ivip

Robin,
NERD on its own won't work because every ITR in the world would need
the full feed of mapping updates.

Table 1 in Section 5.1 of draft-lear-lisp-nerd-02.txt addresses this somewhat. At 10^8 EIDs, assuming IPv6 addresses, the database size is likely to be less than 6 GB. Let us be pessimistic and say that the update rate is 1.0% per day, leading to a change rate of 60MB per day, or an hourly rate of 2.5MB. My netnews server could do this in 1987. We're talking about 2050. What's the problem?

Eliot