RE: [RRG] Are we solving the wrong problem?

Earlier, Scott Brim wrote:
% First there's the problem of discovery of multiple ways to address
% a destination.  Do I assume correctly you would build on DNS?
% TE is more than load balancing.  Sometimes policy rears its head, and
% sometimes policy is specific to traffic type, not just IP layer info.
% This needs to be factored in somehow, and DNS can't support it.  We
% could also do an initial discovery handshake between endpoints once
% they reach each other at any address.  That would also allow policy to
% influence negotiation, and possibly policy intermediaries (a la
% NUTSS).  Of course, it would introduce delay :-p.

It would be helpful if a problem statement (or several of them)
could be written up as I-Ds.  That would permit a more complete
explanation of different scenarios and would facilitate thoughtful
analysis by folks in the RG.

For example, I found the recent draft from BT folks very helpful
in understanding their perspectives and concerns.

Ran