Re: [RRG] Are host-stack modifications allowed or disallowed ?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Randall Atkinson
<rja@extremenetworks.com> wrote:
>  In practice, few network operators (by which I mean, site network operators,
>  enterprise network operators, IXs, ISPs, and inclusively any other sort of
>  network operator) tend to show up at I* gatherings.  This is a separate,
>  but very serious issue for the I*.

Hi Ran,

When we want their input, we don't have to go far to find them:

>  We disagree all round on the paragraph above.
>
>  1) I don't think that is why IPv6 has been called a debacle.

Sorry, I was being snippy. If you care, I'll be happy to share my IPv6
thoughts with you offlist, but its not really on topic here.

>  2) I find that most folks have value to add.

I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. It was just an observation that
folks' estimates of the scope of activities outside their specialties
tend to come in significantly short of the reality.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us