Re: [RRG] Are host-stack modifications allowed or disallowed ?

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I think the question is whether The Solution should
>  a) recognize that sites may legitimately influence TE policy and
>  provide hooks;
>  b) turn a blind eye to the issue, which will probably cause sites
>  to influence TE by back door methods as today;
>  or c) allow ISPs to defeat any attempt by sites to influence TE.
>
>  My preference is for a).

Brian,

I knew a lot of dialup users who kept accounts with two ISPs. If their
favored one was slow or busy, they'd dial the other.

End users have been doing TE for as long as they've had access to
competitive offerings. It is not a thing to be feared.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin                  herrin@dirtside.com  bill@herrin.us