RE: [RRG] Re: LISP PMTU & fragmentation problems

% Why is this a RRG subject anyway?  If LISP (or anything else in RRG)
% has an MTU problem, then all encapsulations do, and you want
% a general approach.

As I understand it, not all RRG proposals involve encapsulation.

I agree that most (all ?) forms of encapsulation have issues
when a full-MTU packet arrives and needs to be encapsulated.

Those proposals that do involve encapsulation might want to
at least discuss the issues related with the use of encapsulation
(example: MTU discovery, potential issue of fragmentation) and
explain why those are managable or acceptable in the context
of that particular proposal.

Cheers,

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com