Re: [RRG] Re: Supposed impossibility of scaling for mobility

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li> wrote:
>  Or, in other words, we should drop the mobility discussion for now, deal
>  with the granularity and churn issues, and then see if we are happy with the
>  bounds that that imposes on mobility.

Hi Tony,

Do we have a consensus on what target numbers for granularity and
churn could support mobility directly in the routing system? If not, I
submit that we should continue our tangent long enough to get them.

While we might or might not want to support mobility directly in the
routing architecture, it would be very informative if we could say:
yes, this proposal meets the target criteria for mobility in the
routing architecture and no, that proposal does not.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us