RE: [RRG] Re: Supposed impossibility of scaling for mobility

Bill,

|Do we have a consensus on what target numbers for granularity and
|churn could support mobility directly in the routing system? If not, I
|submit that we should continue our tangent long enough to get them.

No, we do not.  I would like to make them the focus of the discussion.

|While we might or might not want to support mobility directly in the
|routing architecture, it would be very informative if we could say:
|yes, this proposal meets the target criteria for mobility in the
|routing architecture and no, that proposal does not.

That seems to be producing a rathole, and thus I'm asking that we come at it
from the other direction.  Let's see what we can reasonably do, and then
we'll come back and look at the mobility requirements.

Tony