Re: [RRG] On "jack-down" models

It seems, you exclusively assume incremental as-an-upgrade
deployability. There are also other scenarios. Take Ethernet,
for instance. It incrementally ate a lot of competing/legacy
technologies without compromising own architectural purity.
Hypothetically, if some new **layer** of routing is able to
a) substitute the need for "serious tools" (AS, PI addresses)
b) eat other layers upwards and downwards
Then you'll get both purity and incremental deployment.
Just a counter-example.

--
Victor