Re: [RRG] LISP next steps

On Mar 15, 2008, at 11:34 PM, David Meyer wrote:

<snip !>

I don't think this major architectural change to the Internet is so
urgent that we need to rush things faster than what I envisage -
RFCs in 2012.  At the very best, your accelerated plan for LISP
would have you in a WG in late 2008, rather than mid 2009.

	We wanted to be ready to send to documents to the IESG by
	Mar 2009. As far as chartering a WG, if we do a BOF in
	Dublin, and the IESG took the issue of a LISP WG up in
	their next telechat (likely in April), then in theory a
	WG could be chartered by say, early May, 2008. That would

I don't get this. Are you talking about 2009 ? Or, did you mean to
say the IESG telechat in _August_, with a WG chartered no sooner than
_September_ ?

Regards
Marshall

	seem to be the tightest practical lower bound on getting
	a WG chartered. More likely you'd need a few months to
	bash the charter around with the IESG sponsor (at least
	that's been my experience every time I've done it), so
	maybe July or August. So it seems late 2008 is a good
	guess.

For the what I understand to be the scope of Routing
Research Group (the routing system), the issues are well
documented.

I don't clearly understand this.

	What I was trying to say is that it is my sense that the
	issues/problems with the current routing system/architecture
	are well documented, for example in the report from the
	IAB workshop, or in the RADIR problem statement, or any
	number of presentations from Vince Fuller or Geoff Huston
	at the NOGs.

	Dave