Re: [RRG] Six/One Implementation

Christian, thanks for the heads-up. What does it run on? Can I have a copy. I would love to try it.

Hi Dino,

thanks for the interest! The implementation is based on our HIP code for FreeBSD. This already supports host-based multi-homing. We added the key features of Six/One: (1) Host support for generating address bunches, ensuring that each address in a bunch has the same interface identifier, (2) router support for rewriting routing prefixes, and (3) host support for recognizing address rewrites and adopting the new addresses.

You find an early documentation of this implementation at:

http://users.piuha.net/chvogt/pub/2007/draft-vogt-hip-sixone-00-pre.txt

Regarding the publication of this software: Yes, I want the software to be publicly available. But it will take some time for us to go through the required process. So please be patient. We will notify you (and the other people who have approached me for the same reason) once we have permission to release the software.

All the best,
- Christian