re: [RRG] Mobility, update rates & charging per update

Hi Dino,

As I known, the benefit of a host-based scheme is not limited to mobility.:)

BTW, there are some statements in RFC 1752 "Recommendation for IPng" as
follows:

1) Develop an understanding of the level of urgency and the time constraints
imposed by the rate of address assignment and rate of growth in the routing
tables.

2) Define the scope of the IPng effort based on the understanding of the
time constraints.

3) We needed a reasonable estimate of the time remaining before we exhausted
the IPv4 address space in order to determine the scope of the IPng effort.
If the time remaining was about the same needed to deploy a replacement,
then we would have select the IPng which would only fix the address
limitations since we would not have enough time to develop any other
features.  If more time seemed available, we could consider additional
improvements.

Does the above statement still have some value of reference for us?

Best wishes,
Xiaohu XU