RE: [RRG] Text proposal: mapping granularity

Hi Ran,

|The above seems to have already made some architectural assumptions.
|It isn't  at all clear to me that the underlying assumptions
|are RG consensus
|right now.

Yes and yes.  Since we were having some small amount of difficulty trying to
reach consensus about top level issues, we're instead trying to have a more
bottoms up discussion.  While we are exploring the leaves of one portion of
the tree, this does NOT imply that we have consensus that we will be taking
this branch.  Rather, it is simply an exploration of this portion of the
solution space.

Yes, this entire mapping discussion is in the context of solutions that will
need a mapping function and an identifier to locator map.  This context
should be obviously clear in the overall document.

Regards,
Tony