[RRG] map change due to a path failure?

On 2008-03-23 09:50, William Herrin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li> wrote:
>>  I'd like to turn now to the issue of the dynamics of the mapping function.
>>  In particular, how fast can we allow the mapping entries to be updated?  Do
>>  we need to constrain the overall flux of the mapping?

<snip>
> 2a. What's the maximum acceptable time in which one EID may be
> inaccessible to another because of a map change due to a path failure?
</snip>

That seems to assume that a failure will produce a map change.
I expect a failure to produce a change in the routing tables,
but why should a (temporary) failure produce any change
in the map? I would expect this would cause the routing
algorithm to be told about the failure and to find an alternative
path involving the same or an alternative map entry.

    Brian