RE: [RRG] On "jack-down" models

|Earlier, Scott Brim wrote:
|% Specifically how does a network-layer ID make host-based mobility and
|% multihoming easier?
|
|It decouples the TCP/UDP transport session state from the location.

At the risk of simply summarizing what Pekka and others have said, the key
point that I'm getting from this is: mobility is aided by having an endpoint
identifier.  To Scott's question, it need not be in the network layer.  It
can also exist purely in a session layer, but some identifier is necessary
so that there can be some continuity of correspondence.

Tony