Re: [RRG] More discussion please: mapping churn

Tony,
Hi,

There hasn't been much discussion on the mapping churn rate.  There have
been a few good questions, but not much back and forth.  Do folks have an
opinion or should I just propose some text?

With the volume of this group it is difficult for me to keep track of what sort of text you are looking for, given the terse statement above. Do we have text that even defines the mapping function? If entries are aggregated within the network somewhere, then that has a substantial impact on tolerable rate of churn. On the other hand, in the case where mapping information is stored locally in an unaggregated fashion (and it really doesn't matter - push or pull, just how much is actually stored), then we begin to think about memory limits and the use of primary and secondary store.

Where to go from here? Perhaps tell me why what I wrote above is or isn't relevant, repetitive, etc?

Eliot