re: [RRG] What does incremental deployment mean

Hi Brian,

My thought is:
The private addresses behind the NAT box are not suitable to be used as
identifier. However, these independent IPv4 address spaces can be used as
locator spaces as long as each private address space can be distinguished by
some means, such as globally unique locator space ID or the public IPv4 +
locally unique locator space ID. Then we can introduce a pure identifier
namespace, such as IPv6 or CGA address. In this way, most of the routers,
especially those in the site network, do not need to be upgrade to IPv6, and
the routing scalability issue and address depletion issue are solved
simultaneously. Of course, this requires some small change in hosts.

Is this approach more acceptable for site network owners compared with the
v6 EID over v4 RLOC LISP approach? It's easy for carrier to upgrade their
routers to IPv6, but it will be much hard for the site network to do this.

What's the better NAT solution in your mind?

Best wishes,
Xiaohu XU