Re: [RRG] Which Side to Control Ingress Link Selection?

Conceptually, though, by giving control to those who pay, we would
certainly be on the right track.

I don't know how to make it work though. Who pays is a very fuzzy
notion. When I access a server that sends me an unsolicited
ad, who is actually the principal payer for the traffic on my
ingress link? I think we're going to have difficulty extracting
an architectural requirement from this.

Good point, determining the one who pays may not always be easy or
possible.  But I think in the particular case of routing at the
Internet edge, things are clearer than possibly elsewhere (especially
compared to Internet core routing; and most especially compared to
the case where you consider data content, i.e., your example).

- Christian