re: [RRG] RRG process clarification

Hi,

After a careful reading of the following RRG charter, I come to a basic
conclusion that RRG aims to work not only on "R(outing)", but also on
"A(ddressing)".However, there is also a statement in the charter as "
Although Internet routing is a broad and active research area, a focused
effort at this time is necessary to assure rapid progress towards reaching
the goal." Now I'm wondering what the focused effort means? Just Routing? If
not, should the RRG be renamed as RARG or reclarify its charter so as to
make no confuse for those people who believe in that the RRG is only working
on "R"? ;-)

Best wishes,
Xiaohu XU

The Routing Research Group (RRG) is chartered to explore routing and
addressing problems that are important to the development of the Internet
but are not yet mature enough for engineering work within the IETF. As the
Internet continues to evolve, the challenges in providing a scalable and
robust global routing system will also change over time. At the moment, the
Internet routing and addressing architecture is facing challenges in
scalability, mobility, multi-homing, and inter-domain traffic engineering.
Thus the RRG proposes to focus its effort on designing an alternate
architecture to meet these challenges. Although Internet routing is a broad