RE: [RRG] RRG process clarification

Hi Xu,

|After a careful reading of the following RRG charter, I come to a basic
|conclusion that RRG aims to work not only on "R(outing)", but also on
|"A(ddressing)".However, there is also a statement in the charter as "
|Although Internet routing is a broad and active research area,
|a focused
|effort at this time is necessary to assure rapid progress
|towards reaching
|the goal." Now I'm wondering what the focused effort means?

In general, it means that we're trying to work on the scalability problem
and not trolling the broader possible problem set of all possible routing
research.

|Just Routing? If
|not, should the RRG be renamed as RARG or reclarify its
|charter so as to
|make no confuse for those people who believe in that the RRG
|is only working

We did actually discuss this for exactly the reasons that you cite.
However, we felt that the advantages were outweighed by the confusion that
it would create as part of renaming.

Tony