RE: [RRG] arguments for map and encap

 Hello Michael and Dan

We good and thoughtful mail from you. I agree with the logic you present
here. However, there  maybe some details that you are overlooking.

- multihoming is not only for service providers, but required by end
users/network customers. Multihoming is not only about PI addressing,
but also of the possibility to route through alternative provider and to
have a backup route. If this is the case, the beneficiary is the end
user who should bear the cost for what she/he wishes for.

- it is not all service providers who experience the routing scalability
problem. The problem seems to be more of tier 1 and tier 2 providers,
rather than the access providers. At least those access providers I have
talked about this, do not confess having such a problem. Of course we
could assume that the ISPs are going to be consolidated to bigger ones
and at this point we need to have the technology in place. But I do not
find this believable.

Regards Hannu