Re: [RRG] Consensus? IPv4 scaling problem must be solved directly, not by relying on migration to IPv6

In my opinion, we don't necessarily have to solve the IPv4 situation. A reasonable (which is not the same as "ideal") scenario would be that IPv4 is largely frozen the way it is at a certain point in time and IPv4 will continue to be the place where all servers are available, while (new) clients are attached to the IPv6 network. Client-server protocols are very easy to translate when the clients are on IPv6 and the servers on IPv4, the only issue is with peer-to-peer protocols that require each peer to be reachable for every other peer.