[RRG] Embedded systems

Earlier Eric F wrote:
% I'd like to point out that an large number of embedded system devices
% are increasingly using IP networks for their communications.

How many of these are both
      (1) end-of-maintenance
and (2) has IPv6 implemented and enabled today ?

My guess is that the intersection of those 2 items is zero.

For the US DoD, everyone who should know tells me that
(2) by itself is either zero or tiny.

Is this really an IPv4-specific consideration ?

So if approach A were taken for IPv4 and approach B
for IPv6, then B could be designed without this issue ?

Thanks,

Ran