RE: [RRG] Moving forward...

|> At current rates of deaggregation we can build routers with
|a FIB that
|> can handle the entire IPv4 unicast space as /24s before we've used up
|> and deaggregated the entire IPv4 unicast space as /24s.
|
|Wait a minute. Wouldn't the *entire* space put us well above 10 million
|/24s? Are you saying that we can definitely build routers that could
|handle say, 10 million NATted /24s, so that all small and medium
|businesses can multihome?

Definitely.  However, there would be some additional expense involved (and
latency in the product delivery).  Such products would require some
additional physical resources over what's being designed in today and would
require a separate development cycle.  There would also be an addition to
the cost structures of the products, which would undoubtedly be reflected in
pricing.

Tony