[RRG] Re: address reclamation

Earlier, Per wrote:
% How hard is it the internet registries to ask a statistically
% significant selection of their clients (LIRs) and known
% legacy-allocation holders if they're willing to give up some of
% their allocated blocks, how much of it, and on which conditions?
%
% They haven't even tried, ...

Actually, you have been unfair to the RIRs.
They have tried this.  I believe they continue to try this.

So far, they have been able to get several /8 blocks back from US DoD.
They also were able to get a /8 back from Stanford University.

This is all public information.  It was presented (at least) at the
last RIPE meeting held in Amsterdam.  I would guess the presentation
slides can be found online some place.

Ran