Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

In einer eMail vom 03.07.2008 23:05:12 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt swb@employees.org:
On 7/3/08 3:45 PM, William Herrin allegedly wrote:
> -MY- point was that Line 1 need not be there at all. It is an
> identifier which serves no role in the routing. If you get line 1
> wrong or leave it off entirely your letter will still get to me.

It's a port selector.

Scott,
You have in mind the id from the loc/id-split, that's why you say port. But this is not correct. Line 1 indicates how to get, from that "egress node", to the receiver.(whatever this egress node is: the true egress node, or some egress-CE node, or some egress-PE node)

Heiner