Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

On 2008-07-04 09:23, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> The analogy between street addresses and packet addresses for routing
> has MANY weaknesses.
> Street routing relies on the fact that connectivity is highly meshed.

And just to be clear, BGP4 routing is not highly meshed. I happened
to look at the potaroo.net data yesterday.

86.3% of active autonomous systems are purely originators of
routes (stubs), 13.4% also provide transit, and 0.3% are pure
transit systems. 42% of autonomous systems originate only one prefix.

    Brian