Re: [RRG] Long term clean-slate only for the RRG?

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:30 PM,  <HeinerHummel@aol.com> wrote:
> In einer eMail vom 04.07.2008 17:38:59 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
> bill@herrin.us:
>> After all, I'm not "3005 Crane Drive," I'm "William Herrin." And the
>> post office can deliver mail to "3005 Crane Drive" without knowing
>> whether it's intended for "William Herrin."
>
> ..and may even do so as long as "3005 Crane Drive" exists - even after
> "William Herrin" has moved to another place!

That's a problem for the layer-4 retry algorithm. Finding someone who
has moved isn't really layer 3's job. Layer 3's job is just getting
the packet to the specified location.

-Bill

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us