[RRG] Re: Should the identifier be used as local locator

Excerpts from Christian Vogt at 18:27:51 +0300 on Wed  9 Jul 2008:
> You define the terms "identifier" and "locator" based on whether you
> can route on them.  This is why an identifier can become a locator, or
> vice versa, if you look at it in a different context.

Right.  The definition should not be based on whether you can route on
them, because you always can.  It should be based on whether the value
is independent of location when a particular approach is put in
operation.

> Anyway, I have no problems changing my definition if the research
> group wants to use a different one.  Let's just agree on one of them.

You are asking a lot!